Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What is the easiest way to remove myself from a joint car loan?

I am separated from my husband. We are in the process of filing for dissolution. Per our agreement he got to keep the car that was financed in both our names. He is now in financial trouble and I fear the car will be reposessed before the dissolution is final and w/o me getting my name off the loan. What recourse do i have here? I have spent a fair amount of time since the separation getting my credit in good standing as an individual and I am really stressing about this hurting what I have worked so hard for. Anyone?

What is the easiest way to remove myself from a joint car loan?
You either pay it off , or have him re finance it under a used car loan in his name only. If you still owe more on the car than the bank will loan on it then you won"t be able to do this . You'll have to pay it off. No easy way out really.





I've bookmarked this site to go back to next time I need a loan...





http://www.knowledged.info/go.php?link=a...





Take Care.
Reply:Go to the bank that the loan is through (or call them). If you can convince him to come it would be really easy. But you may have to wait until the divorce is finalized, and bring a copy of the agreement, showing that he took possession of the car. If it negatively impacts your credit, find the collection agency that handled the defaulted payments, and prove to them that it wasnt your financial repsonsibility with the documnetation proving that you were not financially repsonsible for the car.


No comments:

Post a Comment